Investigating a group known as the orange men, Jeremiah and Kurdy capture Quantrell and
everything changes for Thunder Mountain - Quantrell is an adult survivor who knows a great
deal about both Markus and Valhalla Sector. The race for the answers begins and the battle
to win starts now.
summary and viewer comments >>>
^ Top ^
- The German title for this episode is "Die Brandmauer" and means "The FireWall" in
Wow, I knew when I heard Jeremiah say, "Nothing's the same anymore." at the beginning of the
episode that it was a J. Michael Straczynski signature line and that we would be in for one wild ride. I was
right. So much happened in this episode that it is hard to absorb it all even after a few
viewings. We had some questions answered but we were also given quite a few more questions to
It was great to finally see some history on Markus and his time before the Big Death wiped
out the people at NORAD. I have been curious how Markus took over the base and why he became
their leader. Not only did he look like one of the oldest kids there, but he was also given
direction from his father to do good and make sure the world was built into a better place.
He was a very smart kid who has just been very cautious to do anything ... until now.
It is going to be interesting to see where we go from here since the events in this epsiode
turned everything on it's side.
THEO RATING: 9
^ Top ^
- So, how big and powerful is Valhalla Sector?
- Who exactly are Lee and Ezekiel working for? Valhalla Sector, Thunder Mountain or another
power that we don't know about yet?
- Did the reporter's children ever get the letter he left for them?
- What did Quantrell know about Jeremiah and his father?
- Why does Ezekiel identify with Jeremiah and call him his "brother"?
- Who told Quantrell that Jeremiah was dead?
- Why did Ezekiel say to Quantrell, "My fathers say hello. Both of them."?
- What stopped Valhalla Sector before and start experimenting on people? Was it the
return of the BigD?
- Why did the choppers turn away when they were so close instead of taking down TM?
- When will this war between TM and VS happen? Who will win?
See all photos from this episode and read our
collection of favorite quotes as well.
JMS AT SCI FI MAGAZINE SAID:
The main thing was testing out directors, testing the storyline, and
finding what worked and didn't work. And I found some approaches that worked very well for us
in the tone and tenor of shows like Firewall and ... And the Ground, Sown With Salt and the two parters.
JMS AT RASTB5M SAID:
Markus would almost certainly have taken out Major Quantrell had
Ezekiel not removed that decision from him. The characters are kind of on the razor's edge
of what's right and wrong, constantly fighting to do the right thing.
[This] episode is a big arc ep [...] which I wrote as kind of this
season's answer to B5's "Signs and Portents," where we really kick the year one arc into high
gear. If you're looking for a good place to jump on, this might be it. We really kick over
some tables with this one.
My favorite three so far would be Firewall, ... And the Ground, Sown With Salt, and Journeys End in Lovers
[A] mid-season turning point for our characters as we learn something
of vital importance about Valhalla Sector, and Markus has to make a decision that could lead
to any number of deaths.