Jeremiah faces a deadly renegade group called the "Burners" while falling in love with
Claire (Crider), a woman who dreams of sailing across the ocean. In a blazing confrontation
with the Burners, Jeremiah comes one step closer to his own dream, finding Valhalla Sector.
Meanwhile, Kurdy befriends a pregnant woman and delivers her baby.
summary and viewer comments >>>
^ Top ^
- The German title for this episode is "Die Welt hinter dem Horizont" and means "The World
Beyond the Horizon" in English.
- This episode was originally written on Oct.1.2001.
Even though this was not as impressive or as moving as the previous episodes have been, I
still liked it quite a lot. I was kind of hoping to see what happened to some of the
characters and information (Theo, Meaghan, laptop, etc.) that we have seen so far. I guess it
is too early for that because this episode only left me with more questions than answers.
The Burners story line really left me wondering who exactly they are and how they tie into
the Valhalla Sector (and if they even do at all). I am dying to know what this all means and
how they fit into Jeremiah's world. I have a feeling that JMS may have something up his
sleeve regarding the truth about the VS or that it is not as bad as they are made out to be.
It was nice to see a softer side of Jeremiah when he was with Claire. Actually, I would have
liked to see Jeremiah's bum again so I was a bit disappointed with the sex scene in that
respect. Still, Jeremiah was very introspective and a bit cynical in this episode (maybe a
result of his experience from Michael) so I think he really needed to unwind a bit. I suppose
the Festival helped a bit too since it looked like a big Mardi Gras type of party. ;)
THEO RATING: 7
^ Top ^
- Could Thunder Mountain make use of "The Wall" in its current state?
- They were next to a coastline so, where exactly were they?
- Who killed Eddie and why? Was it because Jeremiah and Kurdy were getting too close to the
- Will the guy who took over the Hundred Dollar Pool Hall keep updating "The Wall"?
- Who are the Burners? Are they associated with the Valhalla Sector or another group like
Michael's in ... And the Ground, Sown With Salt?
- Are they trying to wipe out the Big D before it re-infects everyone again?
- The symbol that William sketched of the Burners was a biohazard symbol (the same that
was just outside Meaghan's Clean Room) so did they come from a similar military
- Why were the burners after Jeremiah and Kurdy? Do they know too much?
- What do the dog tag numbers mean? (VS-41417 and VS-41563)
- Will we see Claire again a few seasons from now with her tales of across the ocean?
See all photos from this episode and read
our collection of favorite quotes as well.
JMS AT RASTB5M SAID:
[A] young woman has been stealing whatever gas can be found here
and there because she intends to be the first one to sail (with backup gas engines) beyond
the horizon since the Big D to find out what happened on the other side of the world.