Markus's position as Thunder Mountain's leader is challenged by brothers who are threatened by
the decision to introduce outside community leaders to the secret headquarters.
summary and viewer comments >>>
^ Top ^
Theo. What more needs to be said? Recoil said it best, "You gotta love Theo."
Barnes has proven herself once again at writing very interesting episodes. Even though this
may not technically be an "arc" episode, it does bring up some important issues that I am sure
will be dealt with in the season one finale two parter.
I was very pleased to see the character of Theo continue to develop. Not only do we see the
tender and scared part of herself but she also doesn't ever let up being the "Queen" either.
Plus, her bathroom scene was a riot! The music was a tad overdone but it had me laughing
outloud. Also, that look when she used the toilet for the first time ... priceless. :)
I thought I would warm to Markus by now but I haven't. I just don't like him too much and I am
not sure I am supposed to. I don't get the sense that he is -supposed- to be a "perfect"
character and he certainly has his flaws. I just wish Markus would get off his high horse
sometimes. I am glad they called him on the fact that he has been making decisions without
consulting the council. It's about time! I had hoped he would admit he was wrong instead of
having a tantrum and sulking.
The scene where Theo talks about last names was great and it was nice to see that explained and
addressed at last. When Erin was accused of "sleeping" her way to the top was good to get out
in the open because it does make you wonder after a while. There does seem to be more going on
between her and Markus but it simply could be a close and trusting friendship.
Overall, I only had a few minor gripes which I put in the "Questions Raised" section.
Finally, kudos to Showtime again for not squishing the credits or doing any voice-overs!
THEO RATING: 8
^ Top ^
- This is the second timethe phrase, "Flag on the play" has been used ... any significance
or just coincidence?
- Who told Andrew that Markus was letting people inside Thunder Mountain?
- Where was Andrew when the battle for power at TM was happening in The Touch?
- What happened to the other council members that we saw in Thieves' Honor and The Touch? Did they
recently have a new election?
- Why are there only eight council members instead of nine that we saw originally?
- How "neutral" is Lee Chen? Is he truely loyal to Markus or is he really trying to play
- What happened to Andrew and his brother (pre-TM) that affected them so badly?
- Now that two coucil members have left, who will replace them?
- Why was Theo's last name changed from "Drake" to "Coleridge"?
- Why wasn't Michelle (from Mother of Invention) one of the three leaders Markus was meeting with?
See all photos from this episode and read our
collection of favorite quotes as well.
JMS AT RASTB5M SAID:
["A Means to an End"] is a quieter, more personal story but also sets
up what's going to happen in the two-parter[.] [...] [T]here's one scene in it that will have
just about any SF fan worth his/her salt rolling on the floor. I can pretty much guarantee
you it's something you haven't seen before.